As a major manufacturer of quality kitchen and bath cabinets for the home, our customer embodies the marriage of technology, automation and American craftsmanship. The company is headquartered in Virginia with a strategically placed network of manufacturing facilities and builder service centers across the country. If you have a passion for excellence and see work as an opportunity for inspiration, growth and achievement, there is a place for you on their team.
Plant Engineering Manager
- Lead design, improvement and development of manufacturing processes employing six sigma and lean methodologies. Define, develop and implement manufacturing process best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Overall coordination of plant property and equipment maintenance.
- Drive improvements in efficiency, first pass yield and quality through OEE, TPM, and PM processes implementing autonomous maintenance throughout the manufacturing process.
- Build the plant maintenance and engineering organization through training and development of staff and team members, creating opportunity for growth within the organization.
- Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivate team members and act as a leader and teacher of CUSTOMER cultural imperatives and vision.
- Lead kaizen events and six sigma projects as appropriate.
- Establish goals for team members in alignment with overall organizational goals and perform reviews to determine progress.
- Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
- Provide project management leadership and strategic planning which supports flawless execution.
- Specify, develop, validate and install new equipment and tooling as necessary to support plant vision and initiatives in lean and quality.
- Manage budget for R&M, T&SS, capital projects, and write and manage AFE process for plant.
- Overall responsibility for compliance with all State and Federal environmental regulations.
- Plan and coordinate department's activities to support SQDC targets and meet or exceed client and or customer demands.
- Participate in identifying hiring needs, employee selection and training process.
- Perform other tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Undergraduate Degree in Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical engineering discipline - Graduate degree in engineering or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of manufacturing engineering experience: wood related preferred
- Lean certification and experience required
- Six sigma experience and BB certification preferred
- Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment
- Auto-Cad light proficient
- Track record of successful project management
- Experience in working in a team environment
- Management style must be consistent with CITE Principles
- Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Please, contact via email: info(at)lignum-consulting.com