Standards that developers must observe during the product development are a prerequisite for efficient and customized manufacturing of small or large quantities. In addition, design principles that take into account the existing manufacturing expertise must follow logic and are based on platform strategies.
Project example 01
Standardization of furniture construction
The initial situation
The customization of travel furniture and caravan construction is an important success factor. Consequences are smaller production quantities, larger set-up times and an effort for more part manufacturing. Standardization within the vehicle and furniture construction should ensure long-term competitiveness.
- Adjusted number of variants
- Standardized and established measurement and grid logics
- Standardized details of the bracket and connecting technology
- Modularized furniture construction.
- Documented standards in a construction book
Manufacturing lead time
instead of 5 days
- Lowered parts numbers pro vehicle from an average of 320 to 230
- Increased productivity by 18 %
- Manufacturing lead time from 5 to 4 days